Wednesday, August 14, 2013

John 14

In the New Testament of the Bible, I love reading the book of John. It is filled with promises of peace. Written in red, the beloved disciple of Jesus begins with these words; "Let not your heart be troubled." To me Christ is saying, "Don't be anxious or afraid. I AM your creator, redeemer and friend." He continues, "You believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions (many rooms), if it were not so I would have told you." Then comes promises; "I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go I will come again and recieve you unto myself, that where I AM there you may be also." [vs. 1-3] I hear Christ saying, "I AM building a place for you; designed and built with you in mind. I AM coming back to Earth a second time to take you, along with the redeemed of all the ages, to live where I live...in Heaven.
Later in the chapter the opening words are repeated, but with an assuring and strengthening twist [vs. 27]. "Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." The Old Testanent prophet Daniel speaks of the End Times [chap. 12] (paraphrasing) 'That there will be a time of trouble such as has never been on the Earth.' I believe that we are living in tha last days of a dying world. The waters of the earth...fresh and salt...are polluted. Fresh water is increasingly in short supply in many parts of of the Earth. And that means that the agricultural water supply... for growing food... is becoming insufficient to maintain an adequate food supply.
Fact: here in the US the Ogallala aquifer which underlies much of the mid-western states...the nation's bread basket...is being depleted faster than it is replenished. This largest of US underground aquifers supplies fresh water to agriculture, industry and domestic use, and the level continues to fall.
There are reasons for people to fear what is already happening on a startlingly broad scale. We don't hear much about this on the news, but does that mean it is not occurring? No!
If and when you begin to search these things out...which each should do rather than take my words for it...remember the words of Jesus Christ: "Let not YOUR heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

No comments: