Sunday, January 25, 2009

This Do In Remembrance Of Me

Yesterday was a high Sabbath at the Victorville Church; we celebrated the Lord's supper and humbled ourselves before God and man/woman to wash their feet.
I think there's a reason for the text in I Corinthians 11:26 which reads; "For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come."
So how often is "often"? To borrow (again) a word from George Knight, every time the church "forgets" to "remember" an important, spiritual, integral part of its history (both recent and ancient), it pulls out the X-acto and takes another swipe at self neutering.
I praised God for the services yesterday; from beginning to end I was blessed by being immersed in worship to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
I trust that your church will not forget to remember. Like the engraving on the table (that used to be in the front of the church but has been moved closer to the door); "This Do In Remembrance of Me.
God Bless, e.c.

1 comment:

oldmaned said...

Thanks very much but I'll bet you can tell by the tone of the blog that this old man is not into games. e.c.