Thursday, July 15, 2010

And This Gospel

The title of this short piece...that everyone should know...ends with the words "...and then the end shall come..." or something like that. Tonight I took a break from two days of working very hard on the cabin getting it ready for spraying insulation between the rafters on the north end. When it was hot last week, in the 90's the ceiling was like a radiator. In winter, it's like a refrigerator. (Is there a point to this)? Yes there is; just be patient.
Anyway, during this break I got on the high frequency radio (KE6CXF) that I told you about several posts ago and spoke with some fellow in Lithuania. It occurred to me...again...that all the technology is in place for the spreading of the Gospel all over the world! This isn't news, of course, but it is a challenge to those who claim to know The Name (HaShem, in Hebrew).
The problem with me...and with us...is my/our timidity or whatever it is that restrains us holy boldness. I like what Paul has to say and who/what he quotes. Here is the text:
2nd Corinthians 4:8-13 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So then death is working in us, but life in you. And since we have the same spirit of faith according to what is written, I believed and therefore I spoke, [Psalm 116:10] we also believe and therefore speak…
I have no idea why Lithuania made me think of this other than (perhaps) the world is literally at our fingertips (as I type, for example) and if we really believe...we will speak.
More anon. Blessings. e.c.

No comments: