Friday, July 16, 2010

A Song for The Sabbath

Song (Psalm) 100 is one of thanksgiving; something I need to do more...to give thanks to God (Adonai) for His presence and blessings in my life; moment by moment and day to day. So easily I slip into my sinful default mode of selfishness and self sufficiency. Often I think of my Down's Syndrome grandson who wants to be independent and do things he sees others do so easily. He says "I do it!" And that is me at some point, for some reason, every day of my life. But the Psalmist says...

"Shout for joy to Adonai, all the earth!
Serve Adonai with gladness.
Enter his presence with joyful songs.

Be aware that Adonai is God;
it is he who made us; and we are his.
his people, the flock in his pleasure.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
enter his courtyards with praise;
give thanks to him, and bless his name.
For Adonai is good, his grace continues forever,
and his faithfulness lasts through all generations."

The Sabbath is coming; praise the Lord.
Shalom. e.c.

No comments: