Thursday, September 30, 2010

So I Guess I Forgot, I Think...I Don't Remember

Too busy it was I have been
And thus somehow forgot
These days some things slip my mind
I'm finding that happens a lot

And with that taste of doggerel still besmearing our minds...
Here are the answers to questions posed on 29 Sept.:
1. The host refers to the altar bread used in church communions.
2. Catholics believe that for Christ to be sinless, so was Mary. By this only, the conception Christ could immaculate. Simply stated, Mary had to be born sinless so that she had no sinful nature to bring to the conception and birth of Christ.
3. Three religions arose in 19th century: SDA, LDS, Jehov. Witnss.
4. Mecca; Islam's most holy city.
5. Pope and Daili Lama are heads of state; Tibet & Vatican City.
6. Johann Tetzel selling indulgences helped ignite the flame in ML.
7. Luther nailed 95 theses to church door in Wittenberg, Germany.
8.  Scientology is America's fastest growing "religion."
9. October 23, 1844; date of "Great Disapointment;" 166 yr Oct.23.

Everyone knew this stuff...of course. Blessings. e.c.

No comments: