Monday, March 8, 2010

Four Questions

My wife has been reading the autobiography of neurosurgeon, Dr. Ben Carson, who is probably best known for the marathon surgery to separate twins conjoined at the head. Carson relies on the Lord first and common sense further down the ladder of decision making.
He writes, that there are four questions he asks when assessing the risk(s) of life decisions:
1. "If I do this, what is the best thing that can happen?"
2. "If I do this, what is the worst thing that can happen?"
3. "If I don't do this, what is the best thing that can happen?"
4. "If I don't do this, what is the worst thing that can happen?"
Good questions all, and while they may or may not originate with Dr. Carson, we can all adopt this kind of analytic approach to decisions we have to make every day that impact our lives and the lives of others.
Here's another good question for the day: What can I do or say that will reveal the love of Jesus Christ to others.
Make it a Monday of blessings. e.c.

No comments: