Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Politics: A Syrup of Ipecac

I have been nauseated for days and will probably remain so until November third, at which time the only thing I'll heave is a sigh of relief. But until then...we all have to suffer the noxious, obnoxious, nauseating, noisy insulting stammerings of frantic politicians doing and saying whatever their fertile minds can conjure that they think will give them an edge.
Meanwhile, back at the emesis basin, we the innocent are left to suffer an ever rising tide of pollution designed to sway us even though it is mostly devoid of reason and truth.
Truth begins in the Word of God and ends in the mind and mouth of man (a gender-inclusive word for all politicians). Of course, I am over stating, but that's what blogs are for. The quadriplegic physician cum political analyst (Charles Krauthammer) recently commented on the toxicity of current political blogs where meanness is prerequisite to admittance.
I like the story of Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel chapter 4) where his arrogance results in his loss of reason and his kingdom...for seven years. But after seven years of eating grass the king of Babylon had this to say: "And at the end of the time I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted up my eyes to heaven and my understanding returned to me; and I blessed the Most High and praised Him who lives forever. For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom is from generation to generation. All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; He does according to His will in the army of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand or say to Him, 'What have you done?' ...Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, all of whose works are truth, and His ways justice. And those who walk in pride He is able to put down." [Daniel 4: 34, 35, and 37].
America, and especially its leaders, need to lift their eyes to heaven. Perhaps their understanding, like that of Nebuchadnezzar, will return to them. I do not hold much hope.
But I did vote... You bet'cha! e.c.

No comments: