Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hope...

The Sabbath School Lesson this week centers on HOPE. I've been asked to teach and I am happy to be able to do it. I thought I'd share the idea I have for the lesson and perhaps the reader could try something a little different from reading the lesson....or not at all.
Whatever.
Using a white-board I will draw the trunk of a tree that lacks roots and branches. The task for the study is to write names or descriptions to the roots and branches ; each of which represents a different aspect of the HOPE each of us has in our walk with the Lord. I might help to think of each branch as a hoped-for outcome.
I checked online with Blue Letter Bible and the word (HOPE)occurs 130 times in 121 verses from cover to cover in the KJV.
So, think about trying this as a different (and perhaps more introspective) method and means of Bible study.
God Bless. e.c.

No comments: