Monday, July 11, 2011

Stillness

Our walk this morning (5:15) was more inspiring than usual; it must have been the incredible quiet that surrounded us. There was no wind, not even a breeze. Nothing. There were no sounds of birds singing or dogs barking. None.
Now I understand more clearly why it was that Jesus went out to pray in the early morning while the rest of the world was asleep.
It was so quiet that when I talked to Him I whispered, and He heard every word. Mostly I prayed for the Holy Spirit to come into my life more fully and more compellingly. These are the last days and the world is teetering on the edge of time...but does not know it...and sadly, does not care. This is a world that believes it can get along "just fine" without God.
Lord, while it is called, Today, give me both a person and the privilege to speak to about You. Someday...soon I pray...Today will evaporate into eternity. And because of this the top of my "To Do" list reads; "Tell someone about Christ; His love, His character, His sacrifice, the price that has been paid (in full) for the salvation of each soul...tell them the truth about God; while it is still, Today. [Hebrews chapter 4] e.c.

No comments: