Saturday, December 20, 2008

Just One Note?

Writers do NOT like to be edited, critiqued, criticized, ignored, annoyed, or spoken to before breakfast. None of this sets well with a writer. Not to worry, because I'm not really a writer. I'm more of an observer or commentator who thinks outloud and/or on paper; kind of...
Anyway, two kind readers pointed out (gently, after breakfast) that I am guilty of singing just one song; a one-note song at that. So, what is a ponderer to do? On what shall I excogitate/think? It ca't be national or internation human misery, wrought at the hands of despots who never seem to die (like Mugabe and Castro).
No--thinking too much on this kind of stuff is depressing and tends to twist one's spirit into shapes God does not call on us to endure. Worrying about the world is not (to be) my job. I'll just have to leave that to God because I don't think He gets headaches or ulcers. He knows something I don't know: A lot of things, actually.
Therefore, my assignment for today is to have a Happy Sabbath and enjoy the kind and gentle company of my wife and our friends at church. So if you don't mind, I'm going to "clock-out"my mind and get ready for church.
God Bless. e.c.

No comments: