Thursday, May 14, 2009

Water...Water; I Need Water

Next Wednesday will be the third week that we have been without water at our place. When we went south I knew that there was a small leak that had to be fixed when we got back but I just shut everything off and didn't think about it again until we got home.
Then the hammer fell. We thought it would be a good idea (as long as the leak had to be fixed anyway) to do a little more plumbing and set up the washing machine that has been sitting in the garage since we moved here.
Well, nothing is ever simple and this is turning out to be a plumbing Rubic Cube. I keep cutting and gluing; measuring and soldering; but so far I don't have the stupid thing fixed. I think the word "stupid" more clearly expresses my plumbing "patience" and skills than it is a commentary on the tasks at hand.
Anyway...with every forecast of a "done-date" something shows up (like installing a whole-house water filter to take care of the problem of rust in the water) so the "done-date" gets pushed into another week.
We are using hoses and buckets and of course I'm the water boy because the buckets (for doing dishes, flushing, bathing...sort of...and cooking) are too heavy for Jeane. I think I'm starting to lose courage...but I can't quit. I have to go now; Jeane needs another bucket of water.
Have a Happy (running water) Sabbath. P.S. I haven't had much time for blogging. e.c.

No comments: