Friday, August 7, 2009

Just in Case You're Wondering

From the Word of God
"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may [continue] to believe in the name of the Son of God." [1st John 5:13]

A word from EGW
"Only one day at a time--think of this. One day is mine. I will in this one day do my best. I will use my talent of speech to be a blessing to some other one, a helper, a comforter, an example which the Lord my Saviour shall approve. I will exercise myself in patience, kindness, forbearance, that the Christian virtues may be developed in me today. "If you are right with God today, you are ready if Christ should come today." In Heavenly Places, page 227.

Different words, different sources, same message. There is no need for the people of God to be uncertain or fearful about their standing with Jesus Christ when they are "...right with God..." But what does that mean? The Bible answers the question; "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." [1st John 1:9].
The Gospel is profound and it is simple. It's profundity is a study into which the heavenly angels desire to look. And yet, it's simplicity is such that the least of God's children can grasp it's meaning and understand that they are saved by faith in God's grace. Like the patriarch Abraham (Avraham), their belief and trust in God and His word(s) is counted as righteousness. [see Genesis 15:6].
Here is reason to shout! Hallelujah, Lord
Thank God for His blessings and for the Sabbath, which like the Christ is coming soon. e.c.

No comments: