Sunday, August 2, 2009

Worth Thinking About

This post is to share something I read in Fundamentals of Christian Education. It is worth the time to read and ponder.
"For want of patience, kindness, forbearance, unselfishness, and love, the revealings of the traits (of character) flash forth involuntarily when off guard, and unchristian words, unchristlikeness of character burst forth sometimes to the ruin of the soul. 'Rejoice not in iniquity.' Mark it. The apostle meant where there is a cultivation of genuine love for souls, it will be exhibited for those most in need of that patience which suffereth long and is kind, and will not be ready to magnify a small indiscretion or direct wrong into large unpardonable offences, and will not make capital of other's misdoings." FCE pg. 279.
Ellen White was writing about teachers and students but I was so impressed by her words, and was equally impressed by the faults in my own character that I have read and reread these words and have pondered and prayed over the message they brought to my mind.
This morning I spoke to the Lord and asked for the His grace and power that would let me live this day in meekness, kindness, and gentleness...not something that one normally, naturally wants to do.
Pray for each other that we will be one in the body of Christ...His church.
God bless. e.c.

No comments: