Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Off we go, into the wild blue wonder...

Actually, the lyrics to that song read "yonder" rather than "wonder." But I'm wondering about the yondering that's taken place at our Air Force Academy. Just yesterday I read a piece (forwarded to a few people) about the newest worship site that was added to the Academy's roster of "Churches." Do you know? Can you guess? Or am I going to have to tell you?
Ok, lets make this short and to the point. Paganism and Wicca are not accepted alternatives to the old standby's: The ones we all know and strive to respect. But Paganism? Diana goddess of the Ephesians? Stonehenge?
I guess its best to be politically correct in the place where one gets their wings. Really, I won't be insulted if some don't believe me, so go ahead and google something like..."paganism and air force academy...
This one calls for a really big...GO FIGURE. Where will this end? I expect all Christians to get 100% on that question, but how about "When will it all end?" Soon, I pray. And while we are praying, pray for Shawn Boonstra who is in Rome trying to start his meetings while some are trying to shut him down. Pray for Shawn.
Blessings. e.c.

No comments: