Thursday, February 11, 2010

Signing Off...for a few days

Today we leave for California where I am appointed to give a two-hour talk to the freshman dental class. It is titled, "The Art and Science of Anchoring: A Parable." The purpose is to encourage these young men and women to seek a spiritual foundation for their ethic. Mere human will is insufficient to the task of living a life guided by consistent moral principles unless one's life is anchored to something stronger and more reliable than self. That Anchor is God.
Great opportunities await these men and women; opportunities for great success and great failure in their lives both professional and personal. I have witnessed both in classmates and students. Pray that I will be able to speak as friend and not as professor.
Wireless will not be available for a few days so I will have to "save" my thoughts to the hard drive of my mind until we and wireless meet again. Until that time, as it is written: "Today if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts."
[Hebrews 4:7b
God Bless. e.c.

No comments: