Friday, November 28, 2008

And Tomorow????

I thought that things would get worse; I just didn't know it would happen so fast and be quite so horrific. So, should we be surprised? I suppose not. Not if we know what the Scripture says about these times.
Of course, I didn't KNOW they would get worse so quickly, but I do know that the devil never sleeps and is as hungry for souls as a starving lion.
It's very difficult to be cheerful and joining in the Season that was always a time of real joy when I was a child. A part of that child still lives and is distressed that happiness has been displaced by terrorists; but that is their job description; to cause ordinary folks to feel terror...to be afraid...afraid they might die in a bomb blast....afraid they could be shot...afraid of being kidnapped....afraid of being afraid.
So if we permit terrorists on the other side of the globe to make us afraid, and if the terror along with the terrorists invade our neighborhood....which will eventually happen...and if we go out shopping to forget about the murders in this world in the past 48 hours...and if we hide our heads in a Nordstrom (name your own favorite) holiday shopping bag...I have no words but, "Shame on us."
Ask for God's blessing and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
e.c.

No comments: