Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What To Say? What To Say?

My wife read this for our worship this morning and I'm curious to know how you read the words: "Hearken unto Me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is My law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings. For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool;" "...but My salvation shall be forever, and My righteousness shall not be abolished." [Isaiah 51: 7, 8, 6].
Or, how does this stir your coffee (so to speak)?; "The truth must not be muffled now. Plain statements must be made. Unvarnished truth must be spoken, in leaflets and pamphlets, and these must be scattered like the leaves of autumn." [9T 231].
Some are afraid of what I might say. Frankly my dear, I am afraid of what I might say. I fear timidity and hesitancy. I am intimidated to knock on doors. I can be silenced by bully's; bigger or smaller, men or women; it makes no difference. Criticism is a knife that cuts the blood supply from a fragile mind to the finger tips that put words on this page.
So whom do I fear? Myself, mostly. But seeing as I can write...though I may be the only one who believes that is so...I will write. And I will ask the Holy Spirit to weave my thoughts into a fearless but caring fabric that lifts up our Lord Jesus, the Christ.
At the end of Mark chapter thirteen Jesus says this: "And what I say to you I say to all: "Watch!" So what are we to watch? Everyday I find something that grabs my attention much like the way my 5th grade teacher (Mrs. Melgard) brought my wandering mind back to class. Here is something you can watch and think about;
"It came as surprise for me to learn this past week that the impetus for Sunday laws may come from the current financial crisis that affects many nations today. The European Episcopal Commission, known as COMECE, consisting of 24 bishops, each representing a western country, met in Brussels, the headquarter of the European Parliament from November 12-14, 2008. The Bishops agreed that "the financial crisis has exposed a deeper spiritual crisis and a misguided set of values. The sense and value of human work has been pushed to the background in the general struggle for profit." "In their exchange of views with the State Secretary for European Affairs, the Church representatives expressed their wish to see the Sunday rest day being better protected in national legislations as well as in the future EU Working Time Directive which is currently being revised."http://www.comece.org/comece.taf?_function=news_new&_sub=&id=2&language=en "The Bishops called for respect for Sunday rest as one of the foundations of the European social model and as a way of balancing work and family life. In recent years, Sunday as a weekly rest day has been threatened by legislation in many Member States thanks to liberal and consumerist-driven political concepts. In the context of the present economic crisis, Bishops call on the Members of the European Parliament to assume their responsibilities and include the protection of Sunday in the Working Time Directive that will be submitted to the European Parliament's vote by the middle of December." (http://www.catholic-ew.org.uk/ccb/catholic_church/media_centre2/press_releases/press_releases_2008/the_financial_crisis_is_a_test_for_the_values_of_european_society). What This means that at their next meeting scheduled by December 15, the European Parliament will discuss the European Bishops' request to pass a legislation "for the protection of Sunday." This is a startling new development in Western Europe where Sunday has become a secular day.
[Source: Bacchiocchi, S; Endtime Issues #217]
There are more; lots more. But you'll have to turn off the bloviating (I think you get that) and dig into what is being published. It is sobbering! It is frightening! It's not just coming; no, it's here. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus." [Rev. 22:20]
God Bless. e.c.

No comments: