Friday, August 6, 2010

The Kiss...

The Kiss!
Well, the birthday party was a resounding success. I promised my wife that, for her birthday, I would do all the preparation, cleaning, cooking, and arranging. I had no idea what that included but it sounded like the right thing to do, so...
It was supposed to be a secret that just two guests were coming but I'm not at all good at keeping secrets of the good kind. When confronted with questions about the "truth" I always start laughing. So when my bride asked me how many people I had invited I started laughing and she "knew" straight away that something was up. She seemed satisfied when I told her that I had asked a few hundred close friends over for chips and dip.
Well, chip and dip me! The final count was...hmmm...eleven. But for all the work it felt more like eleven hundred.
The day was filled with potato salad, Gazpacho, fresh cut veggies, two kinds of hummus, three kinds of cold drinks, hot dogs...real and synthetic...chocolate chunk cookies, homemade almond butter candies, angel food cake, fresh raspberries, fresh blueberries, almond ice cream, and vanilla ice cream. (We had all the makings for special-order pizza but for some reason that didn't sell; wonder why.
We filled up on good conversation and lots of laughs. It was great!
Oh...the kissssss.
Well, I asked Myrna to hold the camera and I said, "When I say, 'NOW' just shoot the picture. So Jeane was giving advice to all the younger attendees; stuff like, "When you're 74 its not a good idea to keep the air freshener right next to the hair spray." ....laughter...I quietly turned my cap so that it was on backwards so as to prevent the bill from intruding the moment, and innocently stood next to her while she went on with the monologue. Then I said, "NOW", put my arms around my beautiful bride and laid a long kiss right smack on her lips.
I would post the picture but it hasn't been downloaded yet. Perhaps she thinks I would do something like that...of course I would!
Life is sweet.
Blessings. e.c.

1 comment:

Flutterby said...

The Kiss look lovely and I think she looks beautiful in her purple hat.