Sunday, August 15, 2010

Perhaps It's Time To Die

MSNBC has an article online about whether or not teen sex results in poor grades. It seems there was a conference of Sociologists
http://www.asanet.org/ 
who presented, posited, and opined their way through the question in acceptable and expectable fashion.
If I have a problem with the question...and I do...it is small in comparison to the problem I have with their academic attitudes and answers.
There were almost 200 comments posted, and though mine was at the tail end I couldn't help myself. I had to say something. It went a little like this: 'It appears the "Moral/Spiritual" backbone of the nation has gone osteoporotic, but I'm certain that sociologists will design a study that "proves" there is no cause for concern.' ...or something like that.
Time was when preaching was foolishness just to the Greeks [1st Corinthians 1: 18, 21, 23, 25] but in these end times most of the world think it's so. So.......how does the church...the Seventh-day Adventist Church...the Shelton Seventh-day Adventist Church...set about to reach the minds and hearts of young people; both without and within the church.
The editorial "we" in the church...in any gospel-preaching church...are scorned and derided as out of step, out of phase, out of it; whatever "it" may be. Paraphrasing the words of Christ; '...don't be surprised if the world hates you but remember this, they hated Me first.' [John 15:18] How true that is, given that Christ is the Creator.
The title? That's just oldmaned's way of describing how far the world has "advanced" since he was young. I am irrelevant because I cannot connect with the mores, music, attitudes, nor philosophy of the world. Thank You Jesus.
Frankly, I'm happy to have arrived at that point, but it sure took a long time. That must mean that it's time to die...perhaps.
Carry the torch for Jesus. e.c.

No comments: