Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Holiday is over...I write!

Today is a good day, but every Sabbath should be a good day. I was asked to speak and I have a standing policy that I always say "Yes." The teacher within couldn't keep quiet: I spoke about the "Soul Sentient." So many believe that man exists in a minimum of two parts; body and soul. The teacher defined "sentient" (sen-tent) but left out the etymology of the word...sigh.
Starting in Genesis 2:7 where God breathed the breath of life into Adam, it says that he ..."became a living soul" in the KJV but reads "...became a living being" in the NKJV and NIV.
It got interesting when I began showing the roots of the belief that the soul is immortal when Satan said to Eve, "You shall not surely die." From there I illustrated the genealogy of dualism (body and soul) in Egypt, Persia, Babylon, India, Greece (the Greek philosophers perfected the idea), Pagan Rome, Christian Rome, Protestantism, and modern paganism, spiritual humanism, and Scientology.
The red thread interconnecting the soul sentient (conscious and aware) with the soul immortal can be clearly recognized. This was all done with Power Point. (Hmmm. let me see if I can import two slides into this post)...

The Issue Is Extremely Important!


Because: If man has a soul, and if the soul is immortal, and if we believe our soul is aware in death, then we are drawn to a very different view of heaven, hell, life, death, and by default into spiritualism, Harry Potter, “The Sorcerers Apprentice,*” “Blade,*” etc.*recent movies


O.K., that worked, so there is just one more of the twenty-some to bring over.

Why Is This Important?


It means that man also has immortality


Which contradicts 1st Timothy 6:15 and 16


It means that the wicked never die


Which means that sin is never destroyed


Which means sin is an eternal contaminant


Which means that Satan, like God, is immortal


Which means—this is a lot to think about

End of slides.
I will offer here what I offered to the congregation this morning. To anyone who posts a request I will mail a read-write DVD copy of the study. No charge. You can also drop me a postcard...if I bothered to put my address on the profile section.

Blessings. e.c.



No comments: