Friday, May 7, 2010

Conditions...Part II

There are conditions  by which we receive the Holy Spirit. Fernando Chaij lists five: 1. To feel the need of the Spirit and to pray for His presence, 2. To experience first the early rain, 3. To be willingly used and guided by the Spirit, 4. To eliminate dissensions and misunderstandings, 5. To surrender self.
Writing under the last section EW is quoted. She says, "No man/woman can empty himself/herself of self. We can only consent for Christ to accomplish the work. Then the language of the soul will be, Lord, take my heart; for I cannot give it. It is thy property. Keep it pure, for I cannot keep it for Thee. Save me in spite of myself, my weak un-Christlike self. Mold me, fashion me, raise me into a pure and holy atmosphere, where the rich current of Thy love can flow through my soul."
"It is not only at the beginning of the Christian life that this renunciation of self is to be made. At every advancing step heavenward it is to be renewed." [COL 150, 160]
Think of it this way; "He/She that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall shall abide under the shadow of the Amighty" [Psalms 91:1]
Have a blessed Sabbath rest in Christ. e.c.

No comments: